What a week that was! I think we are all still on a high after the Springbok triumph at the World Cup.
The club was busy on Saturday and the atmosphere was electric!
The winners in the World Cup promo held over the duration of the tournament are as follows:
· Heineken rucksack hamper winner – Dave Brown
· Stellenbrau Gift Pack Winner – Chris Botha
Congratulations gentlemen. Please collect your prizes in the office.
November is Festival month at the Club. Lots of GREAT golfing events all topped by our Big Bash on the 23rd.
· Monday 11th November is the Senior Classic. We are fully booked. Good luck to all our competitors.
· Wednesday 20th November is the Wednesday Classic. There are a few spots open, so contact Carmen to secure your spot. Great prizes and promotions on the day.
· Friday 22nd November is Greenkeeper’s Revenge. This is a real test of your golf – tough but fair pin placings and no gimmicks. Just a good day with some awesome prizes. Book your spot with Carmen – still some spots available.
· Saturday 23rd November is the Saturday Classic for both fields. Sponsored by Lyall Morgan and Associates. Again, a few spots open. Book now.
· Saturday 23rd November is the BIG BASH! Our annual party of the year. The theme is Havana Nights. Find the menu here.
In addition to delicious food and a fun-filled theme, were are lucky enough to have the best party band in the Cape, Me And Mr. Green. It all still only costs R250 per person all in!
Book your table with Carmen and remember you can bring family, friends or even work colleagues. Don’t miss it.
· Friday 29th November is the Du Toitskloof shootout, last R10K draw of the year and Nite Golf! It is going to be a party to remember.
· Sunday 1st December is Hamper Day and Open Mixed, sponsored by Du Toitskloof wines. Bookings are open for members, so please enter if you would like to play.
Four Westlake ladies, Jane Wollaston, Gail Thane, Jill Baxter and Adi Campbell, competed in the Daysh Cup team competition on Saturday at Hermanus. The format was 36 holes, Betterball in the morning and Greensomes in the afternoon.
Jane and Gail won the plate for the best all day score for a pair – well done ladies!
Our members represent at Golf Rules Quiz
Western Province Golf Union held their annual Golf Rules Quiz, aimed at testing clubs’ knowledge of the new rules of golf on Monday evening at Rondebosch Golf Club. Westlake entered a team – Gunter and Maureen Weimar, Jan Chrobok and Marilyn Franklin. And they won!
Well done ladies and gents. It is gratifying to know that we have such knowledgeable people in the club.
Our ladies Leagues played in the semi-finals on Tuesday.
Bronze 3 lost to Royal Cape playing at Clovelly with some close results. Silver 1 have made it through to the final (only just). They drew 3/3 with Steenberg playing at Somerset West and it appears that they just scraped through on diffs again. Well done for hanging in there and taking each match to the furthest point allowing favourable diffs ladies! They play Royal Cape who also drew their match against Clovelly. The final will be played on the 26th November. Good luck ladies!
Premier League is playing the final game of the season against Strand at Kuils River on Sunday. Good luck gents, let’s end on a high!
Are you feeling lucky?
Next Friday 15th November is the R10K Draw. We have the Deep South Band playing live music and I told you all about their pedigree last week. Needless to say, the music buffs out there have shown their enthusiasm and will be here. Let’s fill the bar downstairs and have a great evening. Food will be on sale too. Don’t miss it!
Are you up for a challenge?
On Saturday the 16th November, the Happy Hookers are sponsoring the morning field. The sponsor has requested a rather unusual but fun-filled morning – a 5 Club competition. It will be an Individual Stableford with A, B and C Division. What this means is you may only play with 5 clubs and a putter in your bag. (leave the extra clubs at home). A real test of your versatility and skill. It should be great fun!
Wrapitt Cup Finals
Congratulations to all the members who qualified for the Wrapitt Cup Finals on the 7th December. Nic has informed the qualifiers and your times have already been booked for you. Good luck next month!
Junior Club Championships
On the 9th December we have our Annual Junior Champs. This is all morning times and all junior members are welcome to enter. Simply e-mail or phone Nic or Carmen to book your place. Bookings will close on Monday the 2nd December.
Annual Chapel Corner
The Annual Chapel Corner Sponsored Day has been moved to the 22nd February next year.
Have a fantastic week – see you all at the club.