Investec S.A. Ladies Open – IMPORTANT
Some information for you, our members, about this tournament and what to expect. Covid has meant some drastic changes this year and we are not able to deviate from these, so please read the points below carefully.
- Spectators/members are not permitted at the club from 10 – 16 May due to Ladies European Tour Covid Protocols.
- You will need to remove your clubs/other belongings prior to Monday 10th May. There will be no exceptions unfortunately.
- The golf is being broadcast LIVE on M-Net on the Golf Channel daily.
- Only vetted staff, officials, players and caddies will be permitted at the club for the week.
- Volunteers are permitted and we need plenty, so if you would like to come and assist (see information below), that would be a great way to watch the golf live.
- VIP Guests – The upstairs bar is being cordoned off for limited numbers of members to watch the golf from upstairs. Practically this means the following:
- Access to the upstairs bar is by the rear alleyway and service stairs only. You may not enter the building via the usual doors.
- Members are only permitted in the upstairs bar. Nowhere else on site, due to the bubble in effect.
- The men’s upstairs toilet will be unisex for the week and the only toilet available to members while at the club.
- Numbers in the upstairs bar are limited to 50 per day (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and 30 on the Sunday.
- The upstairs bar will be open.
- Food can be ordered from waitresses in the upstairs bar, who will bring your meal to you. (Downstairs is strictly out of bounds)
- If you are interested in attending on any of these four days, kindly send me an e-mail with your name, the date you would prefer and approximate times. Should demand outstrip availability, a draw will be done.
Investec S.A. Ladies Open Volunteer sign-up
As you all know, the actual tournament will run from Thursday the 13th of May to Sunday the 16th of May. To help ensure the smooth running of the tournament, the organisers are asking our trusty and enthusiastic volunteers to once again roll up their sleeves and assist them. As the European Tour is not allowing spectators, this would be a great way to see the ladies in action on the course!
On each of the competition days, we will be needing (a lot of) volunteers for both the morning and afternoon rounds. Duties include greenside scorers at each hole, leaderboard operators, rovers, etc. AM duties would commence from approx. 7am – 12 noon. PM duties approx. 11:30am – 17:30. Times may vary depending on the duty and your location on the course.
We will advise timeously what Covid protocols will need to be followed. If you would like to get involved, please email Carmen at email@example.com which days and times (am or pm) you are available to assist.
Please reply by the 23rd of April 2021.
The Pop-up restaurant is downstairs this Friday, due to the golf day upstairs. The ever popular Francois Du Plessis is performing live and we are fully booked for supper inside. Tables on the patio will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. The menu will be similar but we have some new deserts available. More info on this on Thursday.
Next of Kin/emergency information
We have realised that many members have not supplied the club with a contact person and contact details in the case of an emergency. You may not realise it, but if something happens to you, we as the staff need to act quickly and decisively. This could literally be the difference between life and death. With that in mind, if your emergency contact person and number are listed on your profile, it takes us seconds to get in touch with the right person. If we need to try and locate your friends and ask them, this waste of time could be critical.
Could every member please send Carl an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just include the person’s name, their relationship to you and their cell number. That will then be updated. Thanks for your assistance with this.
Every year we host the Caddy Championships for our caddies. It takes place next Monday the 26th April. A big word of thanks to Adrian Naude and Giovanni Contaldi for your generous donations towards our caddies. If anyone else would like to contribute anything to this, please contact Nic at email@example.com.
Golf Days this Thursday and Friday
As mentioned last week, please note that we have two golf days at the club this Thursday and Friday. This happens occasionally and is vital for the club’s wellbeing. Nic has been assisting members find games and the following clubs have confirmed availability and rates:
Parow – R240
Paarl – R280
Devonvale (Friday only) – R300
Malmesbury – R150 and carts R170 per person
Somerset West – R250
Royal Cape – R300
Clovelly – R250
Robertson – R265
Our Mid-Amateur League side once again had a very good win this past weekend. They beat a strong Clovelly side 5-3 and are in a very strong position, having qualified for the semi-finals. We will have the league table once all the results are in and publish it in Thursday’s newsletter. Well done gentlemen!
Saturday, 17 April
4BBB Stableford Saturday AM
1st : Gary Mulder, Denzil Burger – 44 c/in
2nd : Liam Pardoe , Jared Goddard – 44 c/out
3rd : Chris Rezelman, Tyron Redman – 43 c/in
4th : Chris Lowndes, Dylan Ranger – 43
Matt Jewell 83-15=68
Jason Horn 75-6=69
Jaco De Jager 83-15=68
Saturday, 17 April
4BBB Stableford Saturday PM
Kindly Sponsored by Hussar Grill
1st: Jim Brayson ,Andrew Spagnoletti – 45 c/in
2nd: Terry Brookes, Chad Hanslo – 45 c/out
3rd: Nicholas Thompson, (Swinger), William Alexander – 43 c/in
4th: William Alexander, Josh Atmore -43 c/out
5th: Jan Chrobok, John Rivett – 43c/out
6th: Martin Newman, Ian Usher – 42 c/in
Glen Gibbons 85-16=69
Lloyd Nussey 87-19=68
Terry Brookes 79-13=66
Sunday, 18 April
Open Mixed 4 Ball Alliance
1st: Rodney Sleep, Sonja Sleep, George Sa Couto, Ursula Sa Couto – 87
2nd: Deon Kennedy, Olivia Kennedy, Andrew Spagnoletti, Ghost – 83
3rd: Trevor Norris-Jones, Tessa Granger, Peter Fuller, Lenore Fuller – 80
4th: Jan Chrobok, Terry Brookes, Le-Anne Patton, John Rivett – 79
Rodney Sleep, Sonja Sleep, George Sa Couto, Ursula Sa Couto
Rodney Sleep 76-7=69
Jane Waters 92-23=69